SEVEN KEYS FOR JOYFUL LIVING - Chris Widener
1. KNOW YOUR PURPOSE. Nothing will bring you joy more than knowing what it is that you are about on this earth. Not knowing brings sadness, wondering, fear and lack of fulfilment.
2. LIVE PURPOSEFULLY.…It is one thing to know your purpose, but then you need to live according to that purpose. This is a matter of priorities. Let your actions and schedule reflect your purpose. Don't react to circumstances and let them cause you to live without your purpose fully in sight.
3. STRETCH YOURSELF. Don't settle into the status quo. That will leave you unfulfilled. Always look to stretch yourself. Whatever you are doing, stretch yourself to do more! Stretching yourself will break the limits you have set for yourself.
4. GIVE MORE THAN YOUR TAKE. It brings happiness to accumulate. It brings joy to give away. Give.
5. SURPRISE YOURSELF AND OTHERS TOO. The words here are spontaneity and surprise! Every once in a while, do the unexpected. It will cause everybody to sit up!
6. INDULGE YOURSELF SOMETIMES. Too much indulgence and you are caught in the happiness trap; looking for the next purchase, celebration, etc., to bring you a little "happiness high." But if you will allow yourself an infrequent indulgence as a reward for a job well done and a life well lived, you will appreciate the indulgence and experience the joy of it.
7. LAUGH A LITTLE—NO, A LOT! Most people are just too serious. We need to laugh a little—no, a lot! Learn to laugh daily, even if you have to learn to laugh in bad situations. This life is to be enjoyed! Let yourself laugh!